Monday, December 20, 2010

Tron Legacy: A Heritage to Behold







Saw TRON LEGACY yesterday and the experience was awesome...especially the 3D. I am totally satiated with TRON. Having re-watched TRON (1982) the night before really did wonders to the ‘Tron Legacy Experience’ albeit a lot of doubts regarding the depth of the plot remained unanswered in Legacy. Though I suggest the prospective viewers the same...Watch TRON before TRON Legacy.

The original Tron itself was a marvel of its time. The CG in the movie, even to imagine, then was something to gape at. I was amazed at the level of depth it achieved in terms of 3D. Tron, in all its glory, deserved to be the cult classic it is now. And the storyline was also far-fetched at the time and (in similar fashion) I’d say that The Matrix can’t deny that they had more of an idea than an inspiration of ‘The One’ from Tron.

Being 28 years apart...really showed! Tron Legacy is Eye-Candy at its best and the best use of 3D ever since Avatar...maybe even more than Avatar. The neon glows, the light streaks of the Light Cycles and one uber-cool vehicle (I am itching to spoil it for u but I am feeling sympathetic!), the de-rezzing everything looked supercool in 3D. Tron Legacy is meant to be seen in 3D! PERIOD.

The Plot moves forward with an irresponsible-punk of a Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund), Son of Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges), pissed off at his father’s departure creates havoc in his own company…Encom. Until Sam was told by Allen (Kevin’s friend and more), that he got a pager messaged which was sent from his father at Flynn’s Arcade. Sam goes to check this out and goes digitized (the same way as his dad), into the GRID although by a different threat this time. The rest I'd let to watch. There's isn't much 'backdrop' I can say as everything is explained in the dialogues. Garrett, seemed plastic and grumpy in the previews, wasn't so in the movie and gave a good performance. Jeff Bridges is still the star of Tron Legacy...being both C.L.U (Figure who he is yourselves) and Kevin. Michael Sheen & James Frain also shines in their own roles. Olivia Wilde as Quorra was over-the-top...sure, she'd be added to all the eye-candy that Legacy provides and will be remembered by geek-herd for long. I, myself never thought programs would look that sexy.

Self note: Olivia Wilde (as Quorra) is uber-HOTT!

Tron Legacy has THE most awesome action sequences of this winter. LightCycle battles, LightDisc Wars and the finale sequence that'd make you drool...that'd blow you away. I have ever since been drooling at LightCycle pics over the net and wallpapers. Tron Legacy has great emotional sequences as well...as its more of a father-son story amongst all the the 'Technologic' stuff.

Daft Punk really did a great job in creating the Tron Legacy score. I was a bit skeptical at seeing their names on the Tron Legacy OST...but upon hearing it...its one of the best scores ever. Even an homage to the original Tron theme was incorporated in the score. I can’t pick out a specific track fav from the OST…but I’d say…‘Tron Legacy’, ‘Flynn Lives’, ‘Arena’, ‘The Game has Changed’, ‘C.L.U’…. And who wouldn’t love ‘Derezzed’?

Believe me you will never repent watching Tron Legacy in 3D. Even if you didn’t get to watch the original Tron, I’d suggest you to take the risk and go watch Legacy coz you’ll be surprised how much you’ll end up liking it….at the least, for all the visual orgasm and its great use of 3D.

Resolution 1980x1080

I know this Review feels unfinished…But its intentional as I want everyone out there to go watch the movie and be blown away. Oh btw Did I mention Quorra is hott??

And for those who haven't been Derezzed by now. Here's is the widescreen wallpaper:

No comments:

Post a Comment